What is the best jacket for travel? The best men’s travel jackets should be versatile in style, lightweight for easy packing, and have enough pockets to hold your day-to-day items and keep them safe.
Unfortunately, pickpockets are always a concern in any crowded situation, whether traveling in a foreign country or commuting in your home city, as is simply losing valuable items from your pocket or bag.
Thankfully today, there are so many great ways to secure your belongings in keeping with your style and lifestyle. Anti-theft travel backpacks and anti-theft handbags are perfect for the task and are no longer explicitly designed for travel.
However, keeping valuables safely on you without relying on a bag is often the preferred choice, given the advancements in pickpocket-proof clothing.
Clothing concepts designed for travel but also with day-to-day wear and current fashion trends in mind. It is the reason jackets with hidden pockets have transcended in popularity beyond the travel scene and into the mainstream.
Buying Guide for the Best Travel Jackets for Men
Whether it is the convenience of having personal items such as phones and wallets easily accessible while knowing they are safe or not having to rely on an additional bag, a jacket with a well-designed and secure pocket configuration is always a good investment.
There are loads of travel jackets with lots of pockets on the market, but lots of pockets don’t always equate to a good jacket. Unless the pockets are well placed and secure, you risk personal items falling from a pocket or being stolen by pickpockets. The jacket can also be very uncomfortable and not fit for the purpose.
We have chosen nine men’s jackets, all suited to different seasons, styles, and purposes.
What they do have in common is they are all designed with style, practicality, comfort, and safety in mind. Jackets with secure pockets to ensure your jacket is pickpocket-proof, comfortable, and stylish.
Mens Jackets for Travel Quick Comparison Guide
See more in-depth reviews below.
|Image||Product Pocket Features||Buy|
|Top Top||SCOTTeVEST Men's Windbreaker Travel Jacket – 19 Pockets||Check Price|
|Top Top||VERSATYL Unisex Travel Jacket – 18 Pockets||Check Price|
|Columbia Men's Silver Ridge Ii Vest - 9 Pockets||Check Price|
|Top Top||BOMBAX Men's Travel Jacket 10 Pocket Hoodie – 10 Pocket||Check Price|
|Top Top||SCOTTeVEST Men's Cotton Hoodie Cotton Sweatshirt – 21 Pockets||Check Price|
|Top Top||SCOTTeVEST Men's Featherweight Travel Utility Vest – 16 Pockets||Check Price|
|Top Top||CAMEL CROWN 3-in-1 Ski Jacket Waterproof Winter Coat – 10 Pockets||Check Price|
|Top Top||WenVen Men's Spring Lightweight Multi Pockets Washed Cotton Jacket – 7 Pockets||Check Price|
What Essential Features Should a Good Men’s Travel Jacket Have?
When looking for a good men’s travel jacket with multiple pockets, it helps to acquaint yourself with a handful of essential features you should look for.
1. Pickpocket Proof Features: Security features are essential to a good travel jacket. After all, one of the prime advantages of these jackets is to keep valuables close and secure. Look for travel jackets with zippable secret pockets, interior pockets, pockets with hidden zips, and even pockets with RFID-blocking technology.
2. Type of Material: Whether choosing a jacket for travel, everyday use, or one that will work for both, think about the climate and type of use when looking at materials. Do you need a rain jacket that is waterproof and windproof for harsher environments? Do you need a heavier jacket for cold temperatures, or are you looking for casual comfort?
Keep in mind the type of use and how versatile you need your jacket to be. If not sure, a lightweight, windproof, water-resistant coat will always work well as it can be layered for warmth and packs light when you’re not using it.
3. Protective Linings and Non-damaging Pockets: The secret pockets in your jacket should be capable of carrying fragile items like phones and sunglasses without damaging them. The jacket should have at least one pocket with a protective lining to keep delicate surfaces from scratching.
4. Design: An ideal men’s travel jacket should work equally well for travel as day-to-day wear. Just because a jacket is designed with pickpocket-proof capabilities or with travel in mind, it should not stand out as such. You want a jacket that suits your style and looks as good in a city as on a travel day. We have talked about how dressing like a local when you travel can help keep you safe, as nothing attracts pickpockets more than an obvious tourist.
5. Additional Useful Features: Look for additional features like removable hoods and sleeves to transform your jacket into a lightweight vest. Some jackets even feature top-notch technology, like plastic panels or touch-sensitive pockets, to facilitate the use of smartphones without actually taking them out.
Choosing the Right Travel Jacket
Having traveled full time for over five years, we know the importance of a good-travel jacket for men, especially one with secure pockets. Through our personal experience and research, we have selected the most reliable and stylish pickpocket-proof travel jackets based on the following criteria:
Style: An ideal travel jacket should strike the right balance between casual, stylish, and safe/secure. For travel, versatility is vital. You must also feel good wearing the jacket.
Comfort: Comfort is key, but the right fit will also help keep your belongings safer. Too large, items flop around. Too small, and you restrict what you can fit in your pockets.
Durability: A good jacket is often an everyday jacket, especially when traveling, so choose a quality fabric that will go the distance.
Pickpocket Proof Design: Look at the pocket configuration, especially the number of secure pockets, to ensure it meets your needs.
Weight: Even when it comes to a warm winter coat, you don’t want a jacket so heavy it becomes a burden to lug it around. Your jacket can be warm and lightweight with fabric technology and design advancements.
Multiple Pockets: An ideal jacket should have various pockets but lots of pockets don’t always make the best jacket. Does the jacket have the right pockets for you? What do you want to carry? Do you need secure yet quick access pockets? Are the secure pockets large enough for your phone, wallet, or other valuables? Look at the pocket configuration and make sure it fits your needs.
Men’s Hidden Pocket Travel Jackets Reviews
The Bluffworks Presidio Bomber Jacket is a classic, lightweight jacket that combines utility with design. A bomber jacket style is such a great all-around design, but the stand-out feature of this jacket (other than all the pockets) is the fabric.
The travel clothing brand Bluffworks has perfected fabrics that look great and are easy to care for on the go.
The Presidio Bomber jacket is made from a luxurious technical fabric that looks and drapes like summer wool but is wrinkle-free and moisture-wicking, and best of all, it’s machine washable and quick dry. It will always look great no matter how long you are traveling.
Casual but still stylish, the jacket has tons of storage built in without losing any of the jacket’s sleek cut. A total of seven interior and exterior streamlined pockets mean you have plenty of space to keep everyday items and keep items safe in internal zip pockets.
The jacket also has style features built-in for look and comfort – a ribbed elastic waistband, cuffs and collar, and a sturdy two-way zipper closure so you can vary the look.
This is a fantastic lightweight jacket for every style of traveler.
Pro: Lightweight jacket made with wrinkle-free, moisture-wicking fabric that is machine washable and quick dry. All perfect attributes for travel.
Con: It only comes in one color.
Pickpocket Proof Features:
- Two full size interior pockets
- Invisible interior zipper pocket
- Interior chest pocket
- Lightweight lining, so it’s not bulky.
- Wrinkle resistant
- Machine washable
- Moisture wicking, quick dry fabric
- Double zipper closure
Colors: Available in ash gray
Popular brand SCOTTeVEST is known for its quality travel jackets boasting some of the best-hidden pocket jacket designs. An excellent travel jacket, this lightweight utility jacket is often referred to as the perfect windbreaker for every adventure.
It has been well-designed to balance weight across the jacket, no matter how loaded, to ensure optimal comfort. The external back pocket of the windbreaker jacket also packs into itself for quick and seamless storage.
It is lightweight and dries relatively quickly, which is perfect for travel.
Pro: The jacket’s outside pocket includes zippers that provide better protection from pickpockets.
Con: The pocket designed for iPad storage is prone to sagging lower than the travel jacket when in use.
Pickpocket Proof Features:
- External zippable pockets provide better protection against pickpockets.
- 19 pockets, including 5 exterior and 14 interior pockets for secure essentials storage.
- Interior clear touch pocket for smartphone or touchscreen device usage.
- Stowable hood.
- Water and stain-resistant.
- Eyeglass pocket and cleaning chamois.
- Weight Management to balance the weight load.
- A network of hidden conduits for better connection of wires to devices.
Colors: Available in 5 colors (Black, Cobalt, Navy, Red, Graphite).
Innovative design and high-quality material make this travel jacket stand out. Made from wrinkle-free, quick-dry, and water-resistant fabric, the Versatyl jacket has been designed with travel in mind, although it looks the part in any casual dress situation. The versatile design will take you from trekking to commuting and has all the pockets you need without adding bulk to the design.
Pro: The jacket can be folded and made into a satchel handbag
Con: The jacket’s sleeves run a little on the long side.
Pickpocket Proof Features:
- The best quality YKK zippers ensure the integrity of the pockets.
- 18 specially designed pockets, including hidden arm and carry pockets at the back.
- Multi-purpose wearability.
- In-built satchel that folds into itself.
- Availability of earphone loops.
- Pocket designed to hold mini torch or bottle.
- Water-resistant and wrinkle-free.
Colors: Available in 3 dual colors (Navy and Aqua Blue, Black and Electric Blue, and Grey and Black).
If you are looking for a multi-seasonal vest to provide core warmth and the practicality of multiple pockets. The Columbia Silver Ridge vest has a sleek look with loads of practical features you want in a good travel jacket.
This vest is a perfect outer layer offering enough warmth to suit a range of climates and thoughtful features such as decent size hand pockets, a full zip front, and a full collar that can be secured for warmth or worn down.
Made with lightweight moisture-wicking fabric with a comfortable stretch, you will be warm and sweat-free. It also has a 50+ sun protection rating.
This jacket also wins on the multiple pockets stakes. It doesn’t have as many as some jackets listed, but people like this design for this reason.
A total of 9 pockets – Seven outside and two inside – means you have room enough for travel essentials without feeling weighed down. There are multiple secure zippered pockets, including a chest flap pocket that will hold a large phone. Two lots of hand pockets provide easy access for warmth, and zippered pockets on top for security.
Pro: Not as many pockets as some travel vests, which prevents overloading. A nice fit suitable for carrying everyday travel essentials such as a phone, passport, wallet, earbuds, etc.
Con: Some of the exterior zip pockets are a little on the small side, such as the zippered slanted chest pocket.
Pickpocket Proof Features: Multiple zippered pockets, including a breast flap pocket large enough for a phone.
- Exceptional core warmth with sweat-Moisture Wicking fabric for quick drying and absorption.
- Comfortable fit even when loaded with easy stretch for maximum movement.
- Omni wick UPF 50+ offers maximum sun protection.
- Multiple secure zip pockets and large hand-warming pockets.
- Modern urban look suitable for adventure and city travel.
Colors: Available in 7 colors.
While hidden pockets are the core design feature of this jacket, it also comes with some exciting additional travel features. BOMBAX best-selling travel jacket for men has multiple secure pockets, but it also has a built-in packable inflatable neck pillow. The pillow inflates in just 2 seconds, and just one press to deflate it. It even has built-in gloves to keep you warm.
It also includes a soft eye mask to filter lights while traveling. Specially designed pockets hold sunglasses, earphones, a power bank, a blanket and a notebook.
Pro: The jacket comes with built-in gloves to keep your hands warm.
Con: The jacket’s weight is on the heavier side and can look bulky if loaded up.
Pickpocket proof features:
- 10 practical secure pockets.
- 10-inch tablet pocket.
- Built-in inflatable neck pillow.
- Soft eye mask for relaxation.
- Large internal pocket – compatible with all major tablet brands.
- Built-in warm gloves.
- Good all-season jacket.
- Specially designed pockets for sunglasses, earphones and blanket.
- Stand up drink pocket.
- Microfibre cloth to wipe sunglasses or camera lens.
Colors: Available in 2 colors (Black, Blue)
Another SCOTTeVEST bestseller, this casual cotton hoodie sweatshirt for men has 21 pockets, perfect for safely carrying passports, cameras, tablets, and phones. This travel jacket also features a network of hidden conduits to prevent you from dealing with tangled headphones.
Also designed with the Weight Management System, the entire weight load is always well-balanced across the jacket to ensure greater comfort and support.
Pro: This travel jacket is versatile as well as stylish. Use it as a workout hoodie or as a casual jacket.
Con: The cotton fabric has been known to start pilling after extended wear.
Pickpocket Proof Features:
- 7 exterior and 14 internal pockets that suit every purpose.
- 2 secret pockets inside of zippered drop-in pockets.
- Hidden extendable clip to keep your keys safe and secure.
- Super soft and relaxed fabric.
- Top drop pockets with snap closures to prevent things from falling out.
- Handwarmer pockets.
- Pockets for pen, USB, eyeglasses and travel documents.
- Helps organize accessories perfectly.
- Effective distribution of weight.
Colors: Available in 4 colors (Black, Navy, Ash, Cobalt)
When it comes to the perfect utility vest for men, the Featherweight Utility Travel Vest always stands out. Super lightweight and breathable, this practical men’s vest has 16 well-placed pockets, including a dedicated RFID security pocket to protect your devices from electronic hacking and other technologies used by scammers.
An all-year-round vest that packs well and keeps all your things safe and organized, it is versatile enough to take you from a day hike to city sightseeing.
Pro: It features a dedicated RFID security pocket.
Con: While it has an iPad pocket, the lightweight design may not be suited to larger items.
Pickpocket Proof Features:
- Dedicated RFID blocking pocket to keep high-tech scammers and hackers away.
- Zippered interior pockets that prevent pickpocketing.
- Extendable clip to keep keys safe and secure.
- 16 specially designed pockets for a variety of purposes.
- Manufactured from high-performance breathable polyester.
- Super lightweight and quick-drying.
- Effective Weight Management System.
- Better organization of accessories.
- Perfect product for hot weather conditions.
Colors: Available in 3 colors (Black, Cadet Blue, and Cement)
If you want an easy-wear casual jacket for all occasions but with lots of pockets, including secure pockets, this jacket fits the bill. The WenVen men’s washed cotton military-style jacket has a clean workwear-inspired cut with enough design features to give a nice finished look.
Made from thick washable twill cotton, this long-wearing jacket offers wind protection, providing a stylish outer shell to work with lots of looks.
Pro: The jacket is breathable with a versatile, fashionable design.
Con: Does not work in heavy rain and is not suitable for intense outdoor activities.
Pickpocket Proof Features:
- 2 concealed zipper pockets.
- Total 7 specially designed utility pockets for multipurpose usage.
- Breathable and weather resistant.
- Provides optimum mobility and comfort.
- Lightweight and durable.
- Adjustable sleeves.
- Quality metal zippers and contrast stitching give a quality finished look.
Colors: Available in 3 colors (Black, coffee, and light grey).
CAMEL CROWN’s multi-pocket travel jacket has always been known for its comfortable and stylish features. The Men’s 3-in-1 jacket has been manufactured from military-grade Teflon material, making it possible to withstand rain, heavy fog, and snow.
One outstanding feature of this jacket is its versatility. The unique combination of a waterproof outer shell coat and an inner fleece jacket designed to provide warmth come apart to create three jacket combinations. The outer shell and inner fleece have multiple pockets, so you are covered no matter how you wear it. It is one of the most versatile men’s jackets with secret pockets.
Pro: It is waterproof, windproof, and comes with multiple pockets. It is ideal as a rain jacket for outdoor activities and stylish enough for city wear.
Con: The military-style look makes the jacket appear bulkier than other designs.
Pickpocket Proof Features:
- Internal secure pocket to keep essentials safe
- 6 exterior pockets and 4 interior ones on fleece
- Waterproof and windproof
- Two-way zip closure
- Inner pockets are of bigger size
- Detachable hood
- Windproof shell + warm fleece = double warmth
Colors: Available in 4 colors (Black/ Dark Grey, Black x 2 styles, Army Green)
Remember that no matter what anti-theft gear you buy for travel or even for day-to-day use, you still need to be aware of your belongings and surroundings and always take precautions to avoid being a victim of crime. We have loads of tips for staying safe while you travel that are relevant for any situation.