The secret to packing for a cruise is still to pack light.
River cruise cabins may not be as spacious as a hotel room or on an ocean-going vessel so you don’t want to clutter it with unnecessary stuff.
– If you are travelling as a couple, we recommend taking one large suitcase or bag between you for a cruise and one carry on bag each.
– You maximise the room in your cabin this way and only have to worry about one case while you are travelling.
How Much to Pack
– If you are creating a packing list for a seven day cruise, select five to seven tops to compliment three to four bottoms.
– A brightly coloured scarf, shawl or jacket will give you additional options for each combination and can be used to dress up any outfit.
– Comfortable trousers or jeans are best, or if the weather calls for it, shorts or skirts are also appropriate.
– Lightweight, breathable tops. Both long and short sleeved.
– A lightweight jacket or sweater for cooler weather.